Encouraging Excellence, Cooperation, and Determination
Please mark your calendars for the Sprayberry Volleyball Tryouts to be held in the Sprayberry Main Gym on May 10th-14th, 2021 > 3:30pm-5:45pm for Varsity/JV (rising 9th graders to arrive after middle school releases). A mandatory JV/Varsity parent and player meeting will be held the following Monday, May 17th in the Sprayberry gym at 7pm..
Jr Jackets will also be holding a tryout ‘kickoff’ on the same dates 6-8pm (official Jr Jacket tryouts will be held later August 3-5 from 6-8pm. Parent meeting TBA later).
Welcome back Coach Shields as our NEW head coach! He has been coaching volleyball since 2006 at many different levels and helped lead his past players to State Finals and Championships.
1) Does my child need a physical to participate in tryouts? Only rising 9th-12th graders need a physical to participate in tryouts. You can find instructions on athletic registration at https://sprayberryathletics.com/2018/04/14/2018-2019-athletic-registration-instructions/. Even though the instructions are dated for 2018, they apply to this school year as well. Everything is filled out and uploaded through Parentvue. You can start the step-by-step process now and print out the needed forms via Parentvue. It is very important that this is completed before tryouts.
2) How can my daughter get ready for tryouts? Please check out these websites for some local training opportunities scheduled for next week - https://www.cobbatlanta.com/calendar and https://www.phoenixrisingvb.com/skills-training. Or just simply practice at home using this video from our own Coach Kat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlZgBocX3gk&feature=youtu.be
3) When are practice times? Starting the week of June 7th, there will be open gym time for JV/V teams on Mondays from 9am-noon and Tuesdays&Thursdays from 2pm-5pm. For Jr Jackets, summer practice is Tuesdays&Thursdays 5-7pm. As of right now, summer practices will end June 29th. More to come on that later. Regular practices for JV/V will begin the first day of school on Monday-Friday 3:45pm-5:45pm on non-game days. Jr Jackets will practice on Mondays and Thursdays 6-8pm (Thursdays will be Friday practices when there is a gym conflict).
4) Will there be a summer camp? Yes, high school summer camp is July 12-16th, 9-4pm. We are bringing in special coaches for the first part of this camp. The cost to attend is $185 payable as it gets closer to start date; middle school camp TBD tentative July 12-16th 1-5pm.
5) How much should I expect to pay in player fees? High school fees will be $400 for JV/Varsity. Middle school fees will be around $370 for Jr Jackets. These will be finalized at the Jr Jacket parent meeting August 6th.
6) How can I help? We will gladly accept help in the way of volunteering time, donations, fundraising, etc. Please attend the JV/Varsity parent meeting on May 17th to learn more. Middle school meeting will be August 6th.
Registration is now open for Sprayberry Volleyball 2021 Tryouts -
We work hard to
Teach, Train, and Encourage Young Girls to Excel in the Sport of Volleyball While Creating a Positive, Productive, and Cooperative Awareness Between Players, Coaches, Parents, and Sprayberry High School.
Our Sprayberry Vision
Our vision is to live and teach the fundamental concepts of teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, and accountability through the game of volleyball. We want to also open up future opportunities by building connections with college volleyball coaches for the recruiting of players.
“This volleyball program helped inspire me to become a coach myself. I will always have appreciation for Sprayberry because they have made me a better coach, and a better person, through my experiences here.”